Talk

Advanced search

Feeds every 1-2 hrs all night 21wks

(6 Posts)
Softlysoftly Sat 20-Oct-12 20:24:31

Hello! Been on here a few times about DD2, we had issues establishing bf (weight loss, jaundice, no poos etc) be is now well established and although she still only has a bowel movement once a week she has jumped from the 9th-25th percentile and is developing nicely.

The issue I have is she goes 2.5-3 hourly in the day (fine) but night is a nightmare. She was on not more than 45minutes with mattress phobia, after much perseverance (pupd) she now goes in het cot by my bed but wakes every 1-2hrs max. I do try to settle her without boob but the majority of the time she seems to need the feed.

Now I don't expect a full night but that is excessive for 5mnths yes? I'm on my knees tired as she only naps 2x10-15mins in the day and I have a toddler.

Oh and to top it off she's decided she won't take the odd bottle she used to gulp so I could get a break.

Softlysoftly Sat 20-Oct-12 20:26:55

So I guess I'm asking

Is it normal?

How can I increase the gap at night?

What to do about the bottle rejection?

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 21-Oct-12 22:01:33

Don't know much about bottle rejection sorry, both of mine were bottle refuses too.

As for feeding more at night I suspect she is reverse cycling. Try feeding her more often in the day, know it sounds like a bind but when I did it with dd she was more settled at night. Can't do links at the moment but google kellymom reverse cycling and it should come up.

Actually while you are googling try askdrsears 12 alternatives for the all night nurser and askdrsears 31 ways to get your baby to sleep smile

Softlysoftly Sun 21-Oct-12 23:06:00

Thank you! I'll look all those up, was feeling ignored so appreciate the help smile xx

ZuleikaD Mon 22-Oct-12 09:29:49

No real advice, but sympathy. DS did this (used to feed five times before midnight some nights) but it does pass!

Clumsasaurus Mon 22-Oct-12 09:38:58

Far from an expert as my DS is a lot younger built have you tried a sippy cup rather than a bottle? I think they can have them from 4 months?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now