Talk

Advanced search

Constipation - help?

(4 Posts)
aamia Sat 20-Oct-12 10:51:18

Started slowly moving DS from Aptamil to Hipp the day before yesterday. Just 30ml then later 45ml day before yesterday, then one feed (90ml) yesterday. Nice and cautious I thought. Well, last time there was a dirty nappy was yesterday morning. He's now obviously straining but nothing coming. What do I do to help him? Bm normally gives him the runs so trying to give as much of that as there is in the boobs (not endless amounts as that's why we do formula in the first place) and haven't given any formula since 5am. Will have to soon though as he needs to eat more than I have for him.

SarryB Sat 20-Oct-12 14:05:03

Keep BF him as much as possible, he just needs a bit more fluid. How old is your LO?

You could also try some nappy free time with a gentle tummy massage - get some baby lotion/oil and rub over his belly button in an arch shape (does that make sense?). Also, try bending his legs up so his knees are close to his chest, that helps too. Watch out if he has no nappy on though!

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 20-Oct-12 18:36:39

Second Sarry. Is there any news yet? How old is your DS?

aamia Sun 21-Oct-12 11:30:12

Tried all the suggestions thanks smile. Finally eased this morning with a rather enormous poo. Very relieved! He's 5 weeks old.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now