Talk

Advanced search

Sticky eye - DD 11 weeks - anyone else had it this long?

(6 Posts)
absandme Fri 19-Oct-12 22:55:02

My DD had sticky eye when born, yellow sticky goo in both eyes.

One eye soon cleared but the other is still suffering, some days worse than others.
Have had a swab on it & no infection.
Previously tried eyedrops.
Have tried breastmilk too!
Have tried 'massaging' tear duct area.

Anyone else's baby suffered a long time with sticky eye.
Any ideas as to how to get it better?

Her eye is quite watery & several times a day I am clearing it with cool boiled water & cotton wool being careful not to infect/cross infect etc.

Cheers!

MigGril Sat 20-Oct-12 07:15:54

my sisters little boy had this turned out he has a blocked tear duct. have they looked at this at all.

mousebacon Sat 20-Oct-12 08:05:57

Hi my DS had this too. The gp said it was quite common and that they'd only be concerned if it persisted past 6 months. His finally cleared up at about 16 weeks.

We just used cooled boiled water and cotton wool to clean them.

Clumsasaurus Sat 20-Oct-12 09:08:31

My DShas it, have literally just cleaned it! It goes in phases, some days it's fine others it needs constant cleaning (cooled boiled water and cotton wool) Our GP says its a blocked tear duct that will clear with age. DS is 10 weeks old and has it for about 6 weeks already. As my GP said 'keep calm and carry on'!

hoviscat Sat 20-Oct-12 09:14:33

My ds had this until about 7 months I think. He is almost 2 now and his eyes are fine! Seems to just be one of those things that some babies suffer with unfortunately.

MissTapestry Sat 20-Oct-12 09:49:26

My DD had this until I squirted her in the eye with BM after every single feed. I stayed at home for a couple of days so I didn't squirt random people walking past at the same time! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now