Talk

Advanced search

Charming topic: bf baby poo habits

(8 Posts)
missingmymarbles Fri 19-Oct-12 15:05:11

I know normal for bf babies ranges from every feed to every 10+days, but if that changes is it still normal iyswim? My 14 week old was only going every 6 days then it began to increase to now when it's a couple of times a day. Normal yellowy, occasionally a bit runnier than other times, occasionally still seedy, baby poo! She's happy healthy and weight gaining and I'm not worried just curious really, at what point does the pattern change and what are others experiences?

crazy88 Fri 19-Oct-12 23:09:57

I know others will disagree, but for a bf baby I would be concerned if they didn't poo every day. Twice a day sounds bang on to me. Mind you, ds3 would go about 5 times a day when ebf, now on solids he still goes almost as often! grin

Tallgiraffe Sat 20-Oct-12 01:39:48

Every 6 days - you must have had some spectacular nappies grin

We're in the almost every feed camp, we only get 1 or 2 just wet nappies a day, the rest have a poo in them.

zinaida Sat 20-Oct-12 01:54:30

We went from 5-ish times per day to once-a week overnight. We refer to this as Poomageddon for obvious reasons. I think if baby is fine in all other respects there's nothing to worry about.

Smicha Sat 20-Oct-12 09:01:02

Hi marbles can't really give any advice but I've been wondering something similar but at the other end of the scale as ds does on average 8 poos a day! I'm wondering if this will continue indefinitely or whether or will start to decrease.

MissTapestry Sat 20-Oct-12 09:52:21

We went from every three days to once a day- it does seem to be runnier up to her shoulder blades but she's the same baby in herself iykwim smile

Purplehonesty Sat 20-Oct-12 19:25:56

Have in the last week gone from once every day at exactly the same time to much thicker poop every 2/3 days.
Stinks too cos it's been in there that much longer, like smelly feet!! TMI?!

PatronSaintOfDucks Sat 20-Oct-12 23:31:43

Twice a day sounds fine to me. My DS was a pretty regular couple-of-time-a-day pooper when EFB, but sometimes would randomly save up for a few days for a grand show. Same went for all my friends with breast-fed babies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now