Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

EBM storage question

(3 Posts)
GinMonkey Thu 18-Oct-12 15:56:04

Hi everyone, I am currently expressing for my DD following my return to work part-time. Tomorrow I will need to express while out and about - I've worked out the when and where, but not quite sure what to do with my milk! It's a bit last-minute and I don't have an ice-pack to hand, just one of those insulated bottle holders. I will be expressing mid-morning, and can keep it in a fridge for an hour or so, but then will have a two-hour journey before I can put it in a fridge or freezer. Does this sound workable? I get 4ozs each time so really reluctant to have to throw it away sad Should I bother refrigerating it, or just keep it at room temp for the three hours or so before it can be refrigerated/frozen? Hope that makes sense and thanks in advance for any advice!

MrsHoarder Thu 18-Oct-12 16:13:11

Any ice in the freezer? I'd throw it if not, but if you can do a makeshift ice pack with a few freezer bags then keep it if its still cold when youo get home.

GinMonkey Thu 18-Oct-12 16:21:18

Thanks MrsHoarder - will have to see if I can get some ice where I'm going as it'll take me a couple of hours to get there (very random work trip!!) so can't take a homemade icepack with me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now