Talk

Advanced search

Periods and breastfeeding

(11 Posts)
HairyToothbrush Thu 18-Oct-12 12:03:27

For those of you who's period returned while you were still bf'ing...
Were your cycles regular?
If they weren't regular at first, when did they become regular?
And were they the same as your pre pregnancy periods?
I'm asking because my first 2 were 34 days apart (normal for me) but my next one hasn't come.
Thanks in advance!

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 18-Oct-12 12:09:45

After I started my periods with DD I did miss one, can't remember now which one it was but definitely missed one. How far overdue are you? Do you think you should do a PG test?

HairyToothbrush Thu 18-Oct-12 12:14:27

Thanks for replying. It's only a few days overdue and we are ttc so I don't want to get my hopes up just yet!

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 18-Oct-12 19:32:05

Fingers crossed then.

Mine came back around 7 months and we're very irregular with a short luteal phase (time between ovulation and period) - despite this I still got pregnant shortly before DS's 1st birthday

HappyAsASandboy Thu 18-Oct-12 19:54:53

Mine came back after 18 months and are exactly as before. Same cycle length, same luteal phase, same flow, same symptoms. Haven't skipped one in 6 months since they returned.

GoblinGold Thu 18-Oct-12 21:21:34

My cycles were more regular than before DC1 from the first month that they returned. Yes, they were similar.

Fingers crossed for you too. (BTW I got pg within two months of ttc with DC2 whilst breastfeeding. Compared to 14 months with DC1...)

HairyToothbrush Thu 18-Oct-12 22:04:23

Thanks every one for your replies, and your positive stories! smile

poocatcherchampion Tue 23-Oct-12 23:16:45

What's your outcome? Tested yet? FC for you?
I want to know this as I'm waiting for af as we are wanting to ttc - dd is 7mo

HairyToothbrush Tue 06-Nov-12 08:47:27

I took a test two days ago and it was positive! smile hope your AF returns soon.

poocatcherchampion Tue 06-Nov-12 21:12:49

Yay! Congrats!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now