Talk

Advanced search

Growth spurt?

(5 Posts)
sparklekitty Tue 16-Oct-12 18:45:51

My dd is 19 days old today. We've had a bit of a tough time with wind/colic after a traumatic birth. However, over the past few days (4/5) she has been much more settled and having more alert awake time during the day and sleeping more at night which is great. Last night it all seemed to fall apart, she was very tearful, crying lots and took ages to settle at bedtime, she woke a couple of times to feed and took a while to settle again. As th day has gone on she's become much more frequent with the feeds (hourly atm) but feeding for only about 10/15 mins then falling asleep. Is this a growth spurt, something else or should I be worried?

MigGril Tue 16-Oct-12 21:40:41

all sounds within the norm for newborn behaviour. The great thing about breastfeeding is it isn't just food for your baby, it's comfort as well. so what ever the problem feed is fixes most things.

sparklekitty Wed 17-Oct-12 10:28:50

Thanks, as long as it's normal then I'm fine. I think she is using boobs as comfort as well, she'll sometimes not suck very hard or sit with boob in mouth but not do anything, all of which is fine. She hates being put down (mw very wisely told me 'they're not designed to be put down' when I told her this) and we spent a good few hours wandering around town yesterday with her in the pram, wonder if she needed a bit more comfort after not being on me for most of the morning.

ZuleikaD Wed 17-Oct-12 12:07:04

Quite possibly. Slings are a good investment!

sparklekitty Wed 17-Oct-12 13:16:17

Yeah we've got a sling but she doesn't like it at all. Might invest in one with a different shape (got a baba sling which have got great reviews but she hates laying down and is a bit squished if we sit her in it)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now