Talk

Advanced search

Green tinged breast milk???

(8 Posts)
Susieloo Sun 14-Oct-12 16:32:54

3 month old ds has been refusing my left boob, I presumed this was because he's starting to teeth and it was perhaps hurting more on one side but I've just expressed to alleviate the pressure and its slightly green tinged??? Should I be concerned?? I don't recall eating anything green over the past twenty four hours. I haven't pumped off the other side so not sure if that is the same. Any thoughts?

Susieloo Sun 14-Oct-12 16:37:47

Other side not green!!

HoratiaWinwood Sun 14-Oct-12 16:51:06

I had to express unexpectedly at 6m and it was green tinged (almost turquoise).

The hospital freaked and tested it extensively, but found nothing.

Totally normal. We are not cows, so our milk doesn't look like cows' milk.

HoratiaWinwood Sun 14-Oct-12 16:52:32

That is, fret not. Green can be normal. Different sides can be differently constituted, particularly for young baby (where more is stored than made on demand, so timing and position of last feed can be significant).

Susieloo Sun 14-Oct-12 16:57:35

Thank you horatio. I just rang la leche and they said its fine too but to keep expressing to prevent engorgement. He's always had boob preference but its quite severe at the moment which I think is down to teeth starting to move, his poor little cheek is bright red. Thanks againsmile

HoratiaWinwood Sun 14-Oct-12 17:03:07

Poor little chap.

Yes, keep changing position and use Lansinoh at every feed. The additional drool can be painful even without engorgement/inflammation/infection issues.

WowOoo Sun 14-Oct-12 17:06:16

I noticed mine was blue tinged and green tinged after expressing and storing.

Breastfeeding counsellor told me it can be because of all the vegetables I was eating. I was super healthy then or that it can just be odd colours sometimes.

Susieloo Sun 14-Oct-12 17:39:21

Thank you wow I don't think I've been eating any differently recently but who knows, if he carries on feeding from one side I shall be very lopsided!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now