Talk

Advanced search

Ds won't drink ebm from a bottle- help!

(5 Posts)
Happygirl77 Fri 12-Oct-12 23:23:53

Ds is 9 months and ebf (with BLW solids). He has had the odd bottle of ebm from around 8 weeks when I have been out. He is also allergic to dairy and soya so I like to have a stash of 'pure' ebm in the freezer so that if I ingest something which he then reacts to via my bm, I can feed him ebm and pump and dump for 12 hours.

However, ds has recently decided he will not take ebm from a bottle! Argh! We have tried it warmer, cooler, with a number 2 teat, a number 3 teat - he is utterly stubborn! (We use Avent bottles if this makes a difference)

Is this just about preferring a warm cosy boob to a bottle?! Short of trying other bottle/teat combos are there any other ideas? I could really do with him having the occasional bottle - he recently preferred my bm after I has eaten soya to pure ebm from a bottle! Madness!

MigGril Sat 13-Oct-12 09:47:41

how about trying a cup now he's older.

ZuleikaD Sat 13-Oct-12 19:07:09

I wouldn't bother with the bottle. Presumably he's already drinking from a cup now that he's been on solids for six months so I'd just give it to him in that. Neither of mine ever had bottles - went from boob to cup.

Happygirl77 Sun 14-Oct-12 00:01:40

Thanks for the replies smile

I'll try ds with a cup of ebm then, it's partly that a bottle is easier to administer at bedtime/night-time when he is more reclined but it would certainly work for daytime feeds.

Doidy cup? Lidded sippy cup? He hasn't been using a cup (oopsconfused) as on solids less than 3 months and still a bit hit and miss due to food allergies, reflux, teething, etc!

TribbleTuckandDismount Sun 14-Oct-12 00:04:11

Either try a free flowing tomme tippee one or a Nuby cup. Ds seemed to like those from us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now