Talk

Advanced search

Ideas/solutions pls. Mix feeding.

(3 Posts)
aamia Fri 12-Oct-12 12:29:43

Ok, currently 7lb 12oz 4 week old (tomorrow) DS. Mix feeding. He's feeding every 2 hours, about 90ml, sometimes every hour and a half. I'm getting no sleep and struggling. Can't just stay at home and sleep when he does as have a variety of appointments for him that always seem to start around 10am, then other commitments that I can't pass on to anyone else and can't leave. So we're usually out of the house for an hour and a bit in the morning, then 3-4 hours in the afternoon. I'm shattered and struggling to stay awake tbh. On the formula box it suggests that formula babies go 4hrs+ between feeds. 2 lots of that in a night would be amazing. So how do I get that?

ElphabaTheGreen Fri 12-Oct-12 19:30:50

Ummm...swap babies? I think you'll find just as many FFers on the sleep forum tearing their hair out from lack of sleep as BFers! smile

forevergreek Fri 12-Oct-12 19:43:41

Do you have someone at home who will feed him the formula?

The only way it will help you is if someone else takes over some feeds to allow you to sleep. It wont make him sleep 4 hrs if he isn't at the moment

If you have partner at home I would recommend feeding baby yourself around 8/9pm then head straight to bed. Get partner to settle baby and then they do the next feed at around 11pm depending on time of earlier feed. You then start again at the next wake ( 1/2 ish), giving you 5/6 hours of sleep undisturbed.

You prob don't want to go longer that 5/6 hours as it may affect milk supply as early days still and also your breasts may start aching.

In a few months you can always add another feed in if you feel like it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now