Talk

Advanced search

Extreme pain on let down, what am I doing wrong?

(5 Posts)
Barnpot Thu 11-Oct-12 16:11:33

DS 4 weeks old, had this problem for a while its more on the right boob than the left but when he starts to feed its ok for about 10 seconds but when it lets down I'm in agony! I could really cry I've persevered for a while but this is making me miserable.

I thought when everything got established it wasn't supposed to hurt.
I thought I had thrush, but HV said not.
Any ideas?

Rikalaily Thu 11-Oct-12 16:20:40

Some women have this and some women don't. I have a painful letdown which is probably because I have a fast letdown too, it does ease off after a while but made my toes curl until then. I hope it resolves for you soon.

Barnpot Thu 11-Oct-12 16:25:48

Thank you <sobs>

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Thu 11-Oct-12 16:29:33

I have always ad painful let down for the first few weeks, and then it just seems to get better. I have no idea why. But hopefully it will be the same for you.

Speak to bf'ing helpline if you are unsure or if you would just like to talk to someone about it. Just talking it through with someone can help smile

TeaandHobnobs Thu 11-Oct-12 16:31:49

I had this in the early weeks too - it's not anything you are doing, as Rikalaily says some women experience this and some don't.

It used to make me go cross eyed! But it did ease off. If I feel it at all now, it's is a slight dull ache as the milk lets down, but nowhere near the toe curling pain it was at first!

Persevere, this too shall pass, as we all say smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now