Talk

Advanced search

Avent electic single handheld - no suction?!

(9 Posts)
Cee3008 Tue 09-Oct-12 21:26:44

I've checked the set up, smoothed any air from the massage pad thing but only very minimal suction - any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong? Assuming its user error rather than manufacturer's!

FreelanceMama Tue 09-Oct-12 23:41:06

is this your first time using it? I sometimes forget to put the white valve in, or the hoop shape thing into the top of the bottle part of the pump.

Cee3008 Wed 10-Oct-12 03:54:28

It is my fret time.... Both those things are in - I used the Avent YouTube video to assemble it.... I just can't get any suction out of it :-(

Longdistance Wed 10-Oct-12 04:59:09

Have you programmed it to pump?
Have you pressed the blue button, used the large lever and left it to pump away?
Sorry, just throwing out a few ideas.

Cee3008 Wed 10-Oct-12 07:31:09

The large lever has no pressure behind it so I can't get any suction to be able to set it to pump - the lever is a bit 'floppy' is this normal?

I hadn't got as far as trying to pump so will remember the system/tip above :-)

Longdistance Thu 11-Oct-12 08:41:56

Has the main electric part been firmly pushed on? The lever is loose when not attached. If all else fails, get a refund.
Btw, I used it without the massage pad as my gaps are huge lol.

Evilwater Thu 11-Oct-12 08:51:35

I have the manual, and I have to make sure the lever attaches properly. also the bit that attaches the handle I have to make sure it sits in its place properly. Else I have no suction, and the handle is usually floppy.

Evil

MelanieWiggles Thu 11-Oct-12 08:52:52

Not meaning to be patronising but have you put in all the connections ? In my sleep deprived state I thought mine was broken first time I used it but I had forgotten to put in the telephone-type lead.

Assuming that's not it, any other time I couldn't get suction it was usually due to one of the valve, cushion or boob pad (not sure what that one is called) not sealing properly. Try taking it apart and rebuilding it. Also try with a different bottle in case the seal isn't right with that one.

Hope you get it sorted !

Cee3008 Thu 11-Oct-12 10:39:13

Apparently it's defective! So happy it wasn't me being overly daft!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now