Talk

Advanced search

Spray jet boobs

(8 Posts)
LAF77 Tue 09-Oct-12 12:08:53

Why does one side seem to produce little jets? DS doesn't like this side that seems to produce spray jets!

Nagoo Tue 09-Oct-12 12:15:29

hmm.

Have you tried buffing your nip with a flannel, making sure it's clear?

If it's forceful let down, try ejecting some into a muslin before you put him on?

NotGeoffVader Tue 09-Oct-12 12:18:15

I used to have the spray effect too - in the end I resorted to catching it up in a cup/beaker and using it later. Better than squirting it on the cat/sofa/DH!

YeahThatsTheBadger Tue 09-Oct-12 12:18:21

I had the same problem LA and had to take DS off, hold a cloth tightly against my nipple for a few seconds to stop the flow and then latch him back on. Had to do this a few times but then he took from that side ok. I think it's just the rush of the milk coming out so quickly at first but it dies down a bit after a few minutes.

Maybe Google 'fast letdown' (I think that's what it's called) and you'll probably find some better suggestions!

YeahThatsTheBadger Tue 09-Oct-12 12:20:26

No one had posted when I started typing-I meant better suggestions than mine, not anyone elses. blush

aamia Tue 09-Oct-12 13:15:59

Hi, I have one side that does this too! I leak from both boobs when let-down occurs so DS feeds from the non-spray side first, while the spray side leaks into a cloth/bottle etc. Once he's finished with the first side, the second has lost enough milk that it no longer sprays and he's happy to feed from it. Would that work for you?

Jakeyblueblue Tue 09-Oct-12 13:50:33

Hi I have this too on the right side. Was a bit problematic when ds was little but now he's 15 months and can cope with it better, he loves that side the best! smile

LAF77 Tue 09-Oct-12 18:22:24

I will try scrubbing my nipple a bit. DS doesn't like this side at the moment. He's got a mouthful of new teeth and the nipple is flatter on that side. I think he finds it harder to latch onto at present. I have to hand express to stop my ducts from getting blocked and I noticed the multi jet spray. I didn't know if they were linked!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now