Talk

Advanced search

How soon after stoping bf do your breasts return to "normal"?

(4 Posts)
ThursdayNextIsMyHero Tue 09-Oct-12 11:01:55

I didn't really know the best place to post this. In the last month, I've gone from exclusively bf ds2, to mixed feeding, and am now only bf twice a day. I hope to continue this until about the end of the year, and whilst I've enjoyed feeding him, I can't wait to get rid of the nursing bras. The question is, how soon can I buy nice bras? (disclaimer: I know you can get nice nursing bras, but I don't want any more of them). I don't want to go out now and get some nice ones if I then have to get more in two months time if my breasts shrink. If I'm only feeding twice a day, are theylikely to change much, so can I get some now, or wait until I've completely stopped bf? Or do I even need to wait a couple of weeks after stopping?

(Ever since the s&b threads on bra sizing and no longer adding 4 or 5 inches to the band size, I've ben impatient to get out there and by a (non-maternity) bra larger than an A-cup.)

BedHog Tue 09-Oct-12 11:04:42

Watching with interest. I hope mine don't return to normal, I quite like my D cup breastfeeding norks!!

RemindMeWhatSleepIs Tue 09-Oct-12 12:02:22

Watching with interest too... I fed DD for 18 months then got lumpy boobs for a couple of weeks. I then thought they had settled down and went and bought 4 nice bra sets only to find out I was pregnant so never got to wear them anyway. blush

ZuleikaD Tue 09-Oct-12 14:51:14

I fed DD and DS until 10 and 11 months respectively, and to be honest I found that my boobs stayed the way they had got to towards the end of breastfeeding. The big fat norks I had in the early days had gone down to a D cup by the time they were weaned and they stayed there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now