Talk

Advanced search

Dropping middle of the day feed - replace or not?

(4 Posts)
Raspberryandorangesorbet Mon 08-Oct-12 13:46:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NellyBluth Mon 08-Oct-12 13:51:43

My 9mo currently still has three feeds - bottle feeds, so I'm not sure whether it will match up with you. But I've heard they are supposed to have around 20oz until they are 1, so for us that's offering 3 feeds of 8oz which she doesn't always finish.

I'd try and introduce that lunchtime feed in a bottle or beaker now, perhaps, in case he doesn't drop it? It might be that he's happy with just a small amount. A proper breastfeed in the morning and night, plus a small milk feed after lunch, and then plenty of yoghurt and cheese to keep his milk/dairy intake up?

Raspberryandorangesorbet Mon 08-Oct-12 19:17:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

charlatan Mon 08-Oct-12 21:17:51

What age will he be when he goes to the CM? If it is not for a while yet he may change again before the time comes so even if you try to introduce a bottle or cup of EBM or formula you might find he just takes solids and water while he is there and waits until you are around for milk. Both my DS and DD did this! It worked well as it meant no messing with expressing or bottles and I just fed them morning, evening, bedtime and through the night! (like you say that is another story!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now