Talk

Advanced search

posterior tongue tie

(8 Posts)
Dippy001 Sun 07-Oct-12 14:09:50

No one ansering my other post so creating a new one and hoping for more luck. Anyone had this? How did you avoid it reattaching?

melonribena Sun 07-Oct-12 15:16:39

My baby (now 10 weeks) has had it snipped twice. The consultant said the best way to stop it reattaching was to feed feed feed! Apparantly massaging can cause infection.
It caused him a little pain when done but he fed straight after and was fine. I would definitely recommend it.
If you are in the East Midlands I could recommend the lady who did mine.

whenwill Sun 07-Oct-12 16:47:36

Yes, but ours was cut late so lots of sounds and chewing provided own excercise. Think advice generally was feed frequently and on demand, upsidedown clean little finger on tongue to suck towards palate as often as poss. Look for white diamond under tongue, as this is to do with healing and also the looking means you'll have to raise tongue. Take back for a follow up in couple of weeks to check on track. Don't know how long it takes to reform or when you are out the woods though.

whenwill Sun 07-Oct-12 16:48:00

Ans you should def. get it done imo and many others!

Dippy001 Sun 07-Oct-12 20:26:07

My baby was in too much pain and did not feed immediately afterwards. He pretty much screamed yesterday and today. I have been rubbing his gums as that is what I was told to do.

I'm worried that he didn't feed enough yesterday as he was in pain. Certainly not for 2 hours after procedure. He won't such my finger. He's 3 months so a bit old now for it they said.

I can't see underneath, how can I get him to lift his tongue?

mawbroon Mon 08-Oct-12 10:32:17

here This is from Dr Kotlow who is a leading expert on lip and tongue ties. Do what he says!!!!

Having had to put my son through two revisions (he's 6yo so one with GA which wasn't done properly and then reattached, then one with laser) I would advise you to do everything you can to stop it reattaching.

Dippy001 Mon 08-Oct-12 12:16:05

Thank you so much, that is just what I need.

whenwill Wed 10-Oct-12 21:47:55

dd did sort of feed straight away but not much cos due to tt feeding ws never a comfort for her. By that point (7 months) she was happy to suck dummy for comfort striahgt after to stop bleeding but completely happy after 5 mins. We gave calpol-ibuprofen alteranated for two days. (bit late advice, sorry!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now