Talk

Advanced search

bottle refuser

(8 Posts)
tilder Thu 04-Oct-12 21:38:47

My baby is 7 months and is currently mainly breastfed. Have been trying with bottles go 2 months and she can do it but she rarely takes more than an ounce. Am getting a bit desperate. Any tips?

She is similarly determined with food and refuses all spoons. Am doing blw as the only way forward.

Lia1977 Thu 04-Oct-12 22:28:05

My son refused food until he was 8 months and half. He was "addicted" to breast smile I breastfed until he was nearly 13 months but by that time he was just doing it before going to bed as a habit. He never took the bottle, went straight to the cup. If I knew what I know today, I wouldn't have spent so much time worrying and would not spend lots of ££ in special bottles and titssmile

MigGril Fri 05-Oct-12 06:45:43

Do you need him to take a bottle? now he's 7 months and starting solids you can just go straight to a cup. and if leaving him in the day for short periods just leave a snake and drink.

Ragwort Fri 05-Oct-12 07:03:06

I like the idea of leaving a snake grin.

Seriously, don't bother with bottles, go straight to cups, personally I loathe seeing babies who can sit up etc with bottles, but that's just me being judgy I suppose smile

HSMM Fri 05-Oct-12 07:06:16

DD refused bottles and went straight onto an anywayup cup.

ZuleikaD Fri 05-Oct-12 08:53:55

DS wasn't having anything to do with bottles either, we went straight to a cup.

tilder Fri 05-Oct-12 13:13:40

Thanks guys. Wanted to do bottles as they tend to drink more milk that way. I have tried tinker topper and avent healers and she will take a few sips but will then just wait for the boob.

I guess the problem is she can do it she just doesn't want to and as she is eating so little I want to keep her milk intake up. Arrgh!

What type of healers would you recommend? Am after one she can use herself that won't spill.

tilder Fri 05-Oct-12 13:14:18

Healers? Meant beakers. Auto correct on overdrive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now