Talk

Advanced search

9 months in and still STARVING

(11 Posts)
BurntToastSmell Thu 04-Oct-12 21:06:07

I can't get my appetite under control. I've been bfing for 9 months, yet I'm still ravenous most of the time. What gives??

Seriouslysleepdeprived Thu 04-Oct-12 21:11:33

I'm 6 months in & starving. I'm also as skinny as a bean, even managed to get into jeans I've not worn since my 20's grin

snoozed Thu 04-Oct-12 21:20:11

Yes, never eaten so much in my life.. This is when you really can eat for two!

whenwill Thu 04-Oct-12 21:39:22

me too. 8 months. not lost weight tho. keep running out of good food and turning to chocolate, cake, carbs, butter etc. scared to stop bf

FlyingUmbrella Thu 04-Oct-12 21:53:17

And me. Still eating tons after 8 months. I daren't stop bf yet. I weigh less than before I was pregnant and fit into all my old stuff but I'll definitely have to eat less when I stop.

Pomtastic Fri 05-Oct-12 17:39:13

Oh goodness YES me too!

And I'm gluten-free (for me) and dairy-free (for 6mo DD, prob CMPI) so the list of proper, filling, not-too-expensive things I can eat is quite small. Baked potatoes get old quite fast! Hungry hungry hungry...

Seriouslysleepdeprived Fri 05-Oct-12 18:37:37

Pom me too! I'm a coeliac & DS had CMPI so I'm dairy & soya free. Working out to be pretty expensive I agree. Eating a lot of Mrs Crimbles but struggling with lunches. So bored of jacket spuds...

TeacupTempest Fri 05-Oct-12 18:40:28

Not fair. Not eating more than usual and not loosing either. Tsk

BurntToastSmell Fri 05-Oct-12 18:45:37

I'm sick of my raving appetite sad I'm on a diet so it's very hard. I often go to bed hungry because I've eaten my calorie allowance for the day (1,700). Wonder if I should see the doc?

whenwill Fri 05-Oct-12 19:53:59

not sure proper diets are good idea when bf as I read somewhere your body produces things/toxins to help with starvation and they can enter breastmilk. Not making it up that i read it but might not be reliable source. Same for doing really strenous excercise.
500 calories goes on milk production alone- that is true.

Pomtastic Sat 06-Oct-12 09:48:30

Seriouslysleepdeprived yes lunches are the worst aren't they! Have been rotating baked pots & beans, ham sandwich and eggs & toast every 3 days for too many months now.

Started making extra dinner some nights this week to do a yummy lunch for the next day - bliss.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now