Talk

Advanced search

Feeling a little sad...

(3 Posts)

I'm sure the pregnancy hormones aren't helping but tonight is the first night since my 20 month old DS was born that he's gone to sleep without a breastfeed.

It's a good thing really because I'm due in less than 2 weeks and I need to know he can fall asleep without it but at the same time I feel quite upset, I'm actually having a little cry that my baby (Yes pfb) is growing up.

I'm hoping to tandem feed when DC2 arrives but have an intense fear now that DS is going to self-wean before I get the chance... I never thought I'd be bothered a few months back when I was suffering awful nursing aversion but it seems like a bit of a challenge now... I don't know anyone in RL feeding a toddler and I sort of want to prove people wrong, I know that sounds silly but I think tandem feeding will help them bond.

Anyway I'm rabbiting on now, just needed to get it out there so I don't dwell on it too much. Thanks for reading

NoWittyName Thu 04-Oct-12 22:23:31

Nothing constructive to say, but sending a hug. xx

Ah thank you. Well it wasn't quite the success I thought.. He woke up 2 hours later very cross and demanding milk. He then fed like a newborn! I haven't fed him after he's fallen asleep in about 5 months. He skipped his after-nap feed yesterday as well but ate as much as usual - can he really have needed the extra food I wonder?! He certainly seemed like he did.

I've a feeling he is starting to sense the baby is coming and needs a little more comfort. Whatever the case I'll keep following his lead and just hope he's happy with a cup of milk if I'm away for too long

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now