Talk

Advanced search

Can you really feed in a sling?

(9 Posts)
monkeypuzzeltree Thu 04-Oct-12 10:17:42

Am thinking it might be a huge help when in pursuit of 2 year old! I don't want one of those which is fabric you have to tie, would not have the patience! Was thinking of a ring sling or a babasling. Any experience out there?!! Thanks.

ZuleikaD Thu 04-Oct-12 10:42:31

You can feed in an Ergo (there are videos of how to do it) and there was a thread on here a while ago about the weirdest places people have fed. I've done it while in motion - making a cup of tea, though, not haring after a toddler!

EauRouge Thu 04-Oct-12 11:22:46

I've only just stopped using my ring sling when DD2 was about 17 mo and I was still feeding her in it. If you have them sitting up facing you then all you have to do is loosen it a bit, drop them down so they are level with your breast and then when they are done you can hoist them back up again.

That's how I did it, you might be able to find your own way that suits you better.

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 04-Oct-12 11:25:52

Yes and it should help you to cope with juggling two DC. Have a look to see if there is a slingmeet near to you, that way you can try before you buy.

Here are some tips for juggling a toddler and a newborn too smile.

SarryB Thu 04-Oct-12 11:59:30

I fed in a Caboo carrier, but only when LO was younger than about 3 months. Breaks my back if I try now!

needsadviceplease Thu 04-Oct-12 20:50:27

I feed in an SSC, but only since 4mo.

mammy2012 Fri 05-Oct-12 02:52:02

I fed in a Kari-Me when LO was 2-3 months. Now LO is 5.5 months and just last week I fed LO in the Ergo while walking in the park. The Ergo distributes the weight well - easier on the back and shoulders :-)

JennerOSity Fri 05-Oct-12 03:22:28

I regularly fed ds in a Closer ring sling as I was often out walking the dog and I could carry on walking and feed at same time. I would adjust him from vertical to horizontal, drop down to breast level and then he was fine, sometimes I would not quite get the sling right and would need to give a bit of back/head support during - but do-able.

I don't know if other slings would work better as I only tried that one, but certainly it was fine enough to do it often!

otchayaniye Fri 05-Oct-12 17:29:35

i've fed to sleep two babies and feeding in a sling is how i've got them to sleep for naps. i've got my 14 month old in boba now clamped on and napping while doing dinner. i favour mei tai/ ergo type carriers for this as youa can move the baby to one side and lower to lat h on then tighten the straps to provide support.

i must say, although it gets both off to sleep like a dream i do long for a day when i'm free from lugging a sleeping toddler about for hours. (husband is too!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now