Talk

Advanced search

old but barely used bottles

(9 Posts)
NinjaChipmunk Wed 03-Oct-12 11:32:32

I have 2 old but barely used bottles. I could do with using them to store boiled water in the fridge. There is no reason why I shouldn't is there? They are about 4 years old, I wouldn't need teats on them, just the screw lid.

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 03-Oct-12 11:39:31

Are they BPA free ones?

NinjaChipmunk Wed 03-Oct-12 11:42:01

no idea, they are tommee tippee ones, will try to find a link. What does bpa do?

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 03-Oct-12 11:44:36

There is some info here.

BertieBotts Wed 03-Oct-12 11:47:46

They won't be BPA free. I had some tommee tippee ones 4 years ago and that was before all the BPA stuff came into the news. If they're clear (or the tinted blue/pink ones) then they will contain BPA

However it's not an issue if you're using them to store cool boiled water, only if you're putting boiling water in them or heating the bottles with liquid in. If the bottle gets warm the BPA chemicals can "leech" into the contents and this was found to be harmful.

I used mine as "cup" measurers - 8fl. oz = 1 cup smile Makes US recipes easy to make! I have no idea where they all are now, though.

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 03-Oct-12 11:53:59

Bertie my DMIL bought me these smile.

starfishmummy Wed 03-Oct-12 11:55:22

Jilted - they are lovely!!

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 03-Oct-12 11:56:44

I know <smug bitch emoticon> grin.

NinjaChipmunk Wed 03-Oct-12 12:02:13

ok, will ditch them then, thanks for the info and glad I asked.
On the subject of measuring cups I got these, love them. Those spotty ones are lovely too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now