Talk

Advanced search

Nursing bras that don't make your boobs a funny shape?

(19 Posts)
ElphabaTheGreen Tue 02-Oct-12 15:37:27

Do these exist? That are also available in (don't laugh) 30G - 30H? And don't cost the GDP of a small country?

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Tue 02-Oct-12 15:39:18

The only ones I found that worked were Hot Milk. I'm glad I spent the money on them, and they sold 2nd hand too.

BakingBunty Tue 02-Oct-12 16:51:40

I found some in John Lewis. Unfortunately, only discovered them a year in after spending 12 months wearing nursing vests. I'm now terrified that the lack of support for all that time means that my boobs are going to look like spaniel's ears when I stop feeding!

applecrumple Tue 02-Oct-12 17:08:07

Try Bravissimo - I'm a 32GG & wearing ones by Royce - they give a really natural shape

Happygirl77 Tue 02-Oct-12 17:44:27

I second Hot Milk. Cost approx £35 but utterly gorgeous, supportive and in bigger sizes (am an F cup).

Fairylea Tue 02-Oct-12 17:45:42

I am a 30 g too... I found bravissimo good.

PuddleLuscious Tue 02-Oct-12 17:45:55

Oooh, are hot milk underwired?

ElphabaTheGreen Tue 02-Oct-12 17:49:51

I've tried all three styles Bravissimo have and they make me Marilyn Monroe pointy, and not in a good way. I was fitted in-store for them so they weren't just the wrong size. Even the Freya styles which were my pre-baby go-to looked odd. I looked at Hot Milk but the back sizes only seem to go down to a 32 and I'm a 30 bordering on 28 so putting a 32 on the tightest hook doesn't always cut it. Are the back sizes on the small side by any chance with Hot Milk?

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Tue 02-Oct-12 19:41:33

Hot Milk aren't underwired, but very structured so the support is really good imo. I also thought the back sizes were on the small side and they also have about four sets of hook and eyes so there is a better chance of a good fit.

AndMiffyWentToSleep Tue 02-Oct-12 19:44:08

Anita feeding bra - it is underwired and I think it is great!

AndMiffyWentToSleep Tue 02-Oct-12 19:44:49

Oh and I am same size as you

Copps Thu 04-Oct-12 15:31:18

I love the debenhams ones (miriam stoppard nurture). they are a pretty good price and are good for discreet feeding, as well as being really really comfy. Im an f cup, and they go up to h i believe. not wired and def my faves smile

Copps Thu 04-Oct-12 15:31:59

oh, and i am talking about the non-padded packs of two, although there are padded ones if you like them!

HereLittleKitty Thu 04-Oct-12 15:33:16

Ive got a bnwt hot milk bra if anyone wants it? I paid about £35 for it but couldnt bf sad

TheDuckSaysMoo Thu 04-Oct-12 15:36:25

The ones copps mentions are £20 for 2 at the moment. I bought 32g yesterday and they are perfect.

ElphabaTheGreen Thu 04-Oct-12 18:23:13

Got the Anita today Miffy - love it! Got it from www.nursingbra-shop.co.uk which appears to be a fairly new venture as the owner has a very friendly little PS on his order confirmation email asking that we give him a mention on Internet forums to advertise him, so I am! Very quick delivery and he not only phoned me to tell me when something else I ordered was out of stock, but told me where else the same item was on sale, fair play.

I'll check out the Debenhams ones as well - thanks for that!

queeniebee Thu 04-Oct-12 19:52:38

Herelittlekitty what size is it as I am desperate for some support! I am 36E.
Thanks

Kazriina Thu 04-Oct-12 20:09:38

* herelittlekitty* if they're not queeniebee's size could I have second refusal please?

Kazriina Thu 04-Oct-12 20:10:20

Bold fail, & ofc of they're my size grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now