Talk

Advanced search

Is it too late

(5 Posts)
polly78 Mon 01-Oct-12 04:11:43

Me and my husband decided to introduce a bottle last Saturday so nearly10 days ago, all started well with the plan being to mix feed a couple of bottles with the rest breastfeeding only Harry started to refuse to take the bottle for my husband he'd be ok taking it for me, so rather than confuse him thought it might be best for me to stop breastfeeding altogether and that seemed to do the trick so the last breastfeeding he has was Saturday at about 3am.

I did pump a couple of times Saturday in case it didn't work and needed to go back to breast but as was out all day yesterday didn't bother.
Now I am not only regretting giving it up, I am horribly engorged and haven't slept for hours.

I am guessing it will be too late to maybe go back to slowly weaning him so he's still having a couple of feeds a day for instance his middle of the night one and maybe late morning one ? And would this if possible just makd the whole situation worse ?

How long does the engorgement last??

Seriouslysleepdeprived Mon 01-Oct-12 04:15:41

How old is your baby?

polly78 Mon 01-Oct-12 04:17:58

6 months

polly78 Mon 01-Oct-12 04:19:22

I have started weaning him on solids recently and was hoping he'd slowly self wean like his sister when fully established, things haven't gone to plan

Seriouslysleepdeprived Mon 01-Oct-12 04:31:28

I'm no expert but I'm sure mix feeding would be totally possible at 6 months. I'm sure it's not too late, it's not been that long if you only fed yesterday.

I would express or feed him to keep your supply going & then try dropping one feed at a time so your body can adjust slowly & you should be fine smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now