Talk

Advanced search

Ds seems to be in pain when lying down on right hand side

(6 Posts)
toomuchtooyoung Sun 30-Sep-12 09:06:17

9 week old ds sometimes cries and fusses manically when feeding off left breast and lying on his right side. If I switch to rugby hold so he lies on his left he's ok.

It doesn't happen all the time and I've posted before about his incredible gassiness.

Does this have anything to do with reflux? Silent or otherwise?

TIA

nickschick Sun 30-Sep-12 09:09:59

i think its just trapped wind,painful for him thpugh,is he breast or bottle ?-it may just be an old wives tale but shorter feeds with winding in between might help?baby massage is good too or even something like infacol if you think its hurting him.

toomuchtooyoung Sun 30-Sep-12 09:46:00

He's bf, and been using Ontario for ages as he is so windy. Sometimes nothing will come up, or else he'll throw up all the milk he's just had :-(

nickschick Sun 30-Sep-12 09:50:29

im no expert and i dont want to make you paranoid but do you think its anything you eat that upsets his system?

toomuchtooyoung Sun 30-Sep-12 11:48:57

Ontario !!?? Obv meant infacol!

Have recently, since last week cut dairy out of diet to see if it helps.

Must be more wind if it doesn't happen all the time

nickschick Sun 30-Sep-12 12:46:23

i did wonder what ontario was lol...its a minefield with a new baby and its all new no matter how many dc you have....my friends colicky baby really benefited frpm baby massage

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now