Talk

Advanced search

Is my DS trying to drop a bottle?

(4 Posts)
SuperDuperTrooper Fri 28-Sep-12 15:16:25

My 9 month old is on 4 bottles a day totalling on average 600 ml (21 oz) a day. He has one first thing, then a few hours later web fore breakfast, one before lunch and then a bedtime bottle.

For a few weeks now he has become really fidgety with his lunchtime bottle and often only takes about 90ml (3 oz). He then also seems less interested in his lunch than his other meals of the day. Could he be trying to drop this bottle or should I continue to offer it and battle out every lunchtime?

I'm reluctant to withdraw it unnecessarily as its not long ago I reduced his bottles from 5 to 4 a day. I'm also very sensitive to the fact that he may not get enough milk due to serious feeding problems we had in the early days. He is a good weight and is currently on the 91st percentile.

Thanks for your thoughts.

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 28-Sep-12 16:43:56

Not got any experience sorry Super, just wanted to bump for you.

Have you spoken to your HV?

SuperDuperTrooper Fri 28-Sep-12 18:29:21

Thanks for bumping. My HV is almost impossible to get hold of by phone and to see her at the weigh in clinic means hanging around for best part of half an hour. My DS is not that patient!

Anyone?

PebblePots Fri 28-Sep-12 19:43:23

Why don't you try not giving it tomorrow & see what happens. You can always give it after lunch if he's 'asking' for it.

By the way, my 9 mo has dropped off her milk consumption during the day radically & is still hardly eating much food. I'm going with trusting she knows what she's doing & trying not to freak out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now