Talk

Advanced search

Does this sound like oversupply ???

(7 Posts)
Cheekychops84 Fri 28-Sep-12 11:00:28

My baby is very irritable mostly on my right side almost as if she is drowning :/ then she cries and refuses to feed that side :/ . When I squeeze milk goes shooting a cross the room most embarrassing ! She is gaining fast and well still on 98tg centile she is 8 weeks.

crazypaving Fri 28-Sep-12 11:02:40

Sounds like it to me. I had the same issue, especially on the right side too. It's a nightmare, I really feel for you. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be along with some good advice, but you could try taking her off once the let-down reflex starts, spray into a muslin/towel, and then put her back on once the flow has slowed? Good luck.

Cheekychops84 Fri 28-Sep-12 11:04:40

What's the let down reflex ? Sorry how do I tell ?

mawbroon Fri 28-Sep-12 11:59:47

How has your breastfeeding experience been otherwise? And how does your baby sleep?

FrustratedSycamorePants Fri 28-Sep-12 12:07:04

Sounds like forceful letdown. Can be linked to oversupply but not always.
If oversupply as well, your boobs will still feel full, even after feeding. Are your boobs bursting before you feed, as this would indicate oversupply.
As well as what crazy advised, having babe higher than nipple helps. I found baby sat on lap facing inwards helped. supporting head and body until they can do it themselves

Cheekychops84 Fri 28-Sep-12 13:40:12

I'm heavy breasted about a E cup so hard to tell if they are still full :/ they don't really feel really full. She sleeps like a dream even at night . She feeds better at night when she is sleepy.

Cheekychops84 Fri 28-Sep-12 13:55:01

She also has a cold sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now