Talk

Advanced search

12 week old waking every 1.5hours in night to be fed

(6 Posts)
CyrilSneers Fri 28-Sep-12 10:17:08

Do I just have to ride this out? I think I may crack up though and it's only been 4 nights. He only used to wake once then for the last 4 nights has woken like clockwork every 1.5-2hours. I thought it was a sleep issue so tried more wind down time, less stimulation in the day, earlier to bed one night, later to bed another, but it makes no difference and he feeds like he's ravenous each time (ebf). Tell me this won't go on forever! I'm certainly not expecting sleepless nights but I need more than a 2hour stretch at least once a night to preserve my mental health confused

CyrilSneers Fri 28-Sep-12 10:21:56

And am I right to feed him every time he wakes or should I just be trying to settle him back to sleep?

Cheekychops84 Fri 28-Sep-12 11:02:55

That sounds like a growth spurt ? My 8 week old did this for a few days then she went back to 3/5 hours . Think he is trying to increase supply ? I may be wrong tho :/

Cheekychops84 Fri 28-Sep-12 11:03:36

I would carry on feeding if he is wanting it smile

steppemum Fri 28-Sep-12 11:16:24

My guess is, if he is feeding ravenously, then he is having a growth spurt.
Make sure he is eating enough during the day (so its not because he hasn't had enough to eat) if he is, then he is obviously hungry and needs th emilk.

My guess is that he will do it for a few nihgts and then stop, especially as he was sleeping well before.

Your milk needsa couple of days to catch up with his extra demand too.

Hope he settles soon

PotteringAlong Fri 28-Sep-12 11:19:24

my 10 month old DS did that last night!

It's just one of those things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now