Talk

Advanced search

Sore nipple with a bump on the auriole (sp?) - bfeeding injury?

(4 Posts)
roundabout1 Thu 27-Sep-12 19:49:14

My dd (2) bit me while I was bfeeding her last night, she feel asleep & clamped her teeth on my nipple. It hurt like hell & I managed to force her teeth apart & got my nipple out. Today it has been sore but is getting progressively worse & I noticed earlier I have a big spot/small boil kind of thing on my ariole (sp?) Now the whole breast feels sore but more specifically the nipple. Will it be from the biting beacuse where the lump is is nearer the breast than where her teeth would have been or at least I think so. Have also posted this in general health.

Scotlandfly Fri 28-Sep-12 12:58:16

Does it look like a milk blister?
I had one of those plus sore nipples when my son was 22 weeks old.
Then I put cold green cabbage leaves on the nipple all the time and it really helped. Nipple healed. We poked the milk blister with a sterile needle. Healed well afterwards. Was very painful though.... before we did anything that is.

roundabout1 Sat 29-Sep-12 22:35:28

HI Thanks for your reply, no it doesn't look like that. Just like a small red lump, still sore, it was ok until I fed her earlier & I think she was pressing down on it when she was latched on - ouch!

MimsyBorogroves Sat 29-Sep-12 22:40:57

I sometimes get spots on my areolas when breastfeeding. They pop beautifully eventually and heal with lansinoh, though they do tend to hurt.

It's also possible for the bumpy bits - cant remember the bloody name - to get filled up with some of the lubricating stuff. I have one that I can "empty" every 2-3 weeks, though they're rarely sore.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now