Talk

Advanced search

So I've cut down gradually and stuffed my bra with cabbage leaves...

(3 Posts)
MommyVan Tue 25-Sep-12 13:56:02

... now wondering when I will feel normal. Been EBFg DD for 6 months and ready to stop for various reasons (main two are going back to work/getting into work clothes) and getting more freedom to do activities with older DCs).

All of last week I only fed 1 or 2 times per day, and now haven't bf'd since Friday. My left boob feels ok, and seems to have started deflating, but my right side is engorged and sore, has been since yesterday morning. I've been under a hot shower a few times, am wearing a firm fitted bra, and have today put a couple of savoy cabbage leaves in my bra, but not feeling much better.

I don't remember this from the last times! Will it just ease off? I have one comedy boob and one normalish one. Glad it's been cold and I can wear baggy jumpers...

TIA...

madwomanintheattic Tue 25-Sep-12 13:58:08

Yes, it will, but might take a few more days.

I would swap the cabbage leaves with fresh ones out of the fridge every time it got unbearable.

MommyVan Tue 25-Sep-12 14:07:36

Thanks! Will grin and bear it... So tempted to just feed her but I know that won't help long term.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now