Talk

Advanced search

BF in public... without pillows

(5 Posts)
CatchTheFox Mon 24-Sep-12 14:26:56

Incredibly, I have made it this far (2nd baby, 8 months old) without ever breastfeeding in public.

Next month I'm off to the knitting & stitching show at Alexandra Palace promoting my book, taking him with me, and I don't know what to do about feeding him!

I've only ever really used the rugby ball hold, but obviously I can't easily take a pillow with me.

Anyone have any tips? Is there anywhere good to go and feed a baby at Ally Pally? (I've been before but that was before I had children and I was more concerned about where the bar was.)

ZuleikaD Mon 24-Sep-12 16:01:28

I went to the K&S show last year and the main halls are pretty much a bunfight - nowhere to sit. The lobby-type places are better but you might have to resign yourself to sitting on the floor in a corner. I've done that before though cross-legged and DC on my lap.

nickeldaisical Mon 24-Sep-12 16:05:57

i can do it on the floor.
if you sit with your back resting on something and lift your knees up, it's perfectly manageable with an 8monthold.

nickeldaisical Mon 24-Sep-12 16:07:04

and at 8 months old, try him sitting in your lap.
dd was tall enough by then that she could sit on me and feed upright.

you might need to practise other holds, smile

CatchTheFox Mon 24-Sep-12 18:48:59

yeah, zuleikaD, that's pretty much how i remember the main halls too.

i think you're right nickel - i need to practise! plenty of time to work something out.

thanks to you both for the tips smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now