Talk

Advanced search

8 month old refuses milk

(4 Posts)
Willsmum79 Fri 21-Sep-12 19:45:19

Anyone have any ideas how to encourage an 8 month old to drink milk???

He's always been fussy about drinking milk but recently he has went from 24-28oz down to 10oz over a period of a month and now over the past few days he refused his afternoon bottle and now refuses his morning and bedtime bottle. Today he has had 0oz!!!

He will drink water and diluted juice though.

Any suggestions?

frazzledbutcalm Fri 21-Sep-12 21:50:42

i'd say just leave the milk .. so long as he's getting calcium intake from foods..

MigGril Sun 23-Sep-12 06:30:04

offer plenty of food contrasting milk, cheese and yoghurt. And ask your HV for some advice.

Although if he's eating a good varied diet then he sound be ok.

And don't give juice at this age just water.

Willsmum79 Sun 23-Sep-12 09:19:26

Cheese is 'in', yoghurt is 'out'. He's back on the multivitamins that he was put on.

Yesterday he had only 4oz at bedtime but 5oz at midnight. Nothing this morning although I did put 6oz in with his porridge along with his multivitamins (he won't take it otherwise).

He is a good eater - most of the time! Yesterday he had porridge, cheese spread on bread, sausage, sweet potato bake (didn't like it - it was a jar as we were out longer than anticipated!), tropical fruit dessert and a milky bar (I allow him a treat now and then).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now