Talk

Advanced search

Periods returning and being just, well, "odd"? Not sure what's happening tbh.

(10 Posts)
ShowOfHands Sun 19-Aug-12 09:43:45

DS is 11mo and still bf on demand. A couple of weeks ago I'm sure I ovulated. I have very clear ovulation signs. One sided ache, headache, ewcm, hiccups (I only hiccup when ovulating), libido change etc. Sure enough 11 days later (normal time between ovulation and period for me), I woke up with period pains and spotting brown blood- again normal start to my period. I had brown blood for 1-2 days and then nothing. It just stopped as soon as it started. Now a week later I've woken up with cramps and backache but no bleeding or anything.

When I had dd my periods came back at 11 weeks and were immediately regular and as normal despite round the clock bfing.

This is just weird.

NoodieRoodie Sun 19-Aug-12 09:57:46

I'm joining you here as another one who has no bloody idea what's going on!!

Had period early July (DS 8 months ebf), then late July ovulation signs, first week of August cramping just waiting for bleeding and nothing!! This has gone on for nearly 3 weeks until finally yesterday it happened.

I even POAS just to check even though I was positive that nothing had happened.

I'm now presuming that this is some sort of weird bf thing!

BikeMedalsRunningMedals Sun 19-Aug-12 10:02:27

My periods have got lighter and more irregular with each baby. But I am an old gimmer (babies at 37 and 40).

ShowOfHands Sun 19-Aug-12 10:14:23

Makes bog all sense to me. I'm sure I ovulated. So where is it? It's supposed to come out. A couple of days of v v v v light brown spotting, barely needing any sanpro isn't enough for the evacuation of an egg/womb lining etc? No fresh blood at all. Wtf is going on in there?

I've never had an irregular cycle, never had anything other than a predictable, normal, understandable cycle.

I know bfing can affect periods, it's the mix up of hormones but I'm so sure I ovulated. I just can't understand what happened next.

Noodie, sounds v similar.

narmada Sun 19-Aug-12 10:18:07

Have you peed on a stick??? The immediate thing that comes to mind is pregnancy ;)

ShowOfHands Sun 19-Aug-12 10:31:37

Definitely no need to poas. I am not pg. smile

charitygirl Sun 19-Aug-12 10:39:45

This is just how my period came back, 10 months after DS1. The NEXT month was a tsunami. Be warned.

showtunesgirl Sun 19-Aug-12 14:47:43

I have no idea what is happening with mine either.

I had lochia for about 7 weeks. Then I went on the Mini-Pill at about 4 months and had an adjustment mini bleed. Then about 6 weeks ago, I had a period, then two weeks later another one and then two weeks later another which has just finished!

Is anyone else having this? DD is 9 months old next week.

vodkaanddietirnbru Sun 19-Aug-12 14:59:22

the mini pill can mess up your periods. I used to get fortnightly periods with femulen and micronor mini-pills (wasnt bf either) and switched to cerazette and that stopped them altogether.

Charleymouse Fri 21-Sep-12 15:51:34

Showy I think it may be getting stored up for the Tsunami next month, get your Mooncup at the ready!

If I remember correctly my first few initially when restarting after birth were sort of light and more brownish than red but then they came back with a vengeance and I had what I call "grown up lady periods".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now