Talk

Advanced search

Sunbathing topless and bfing!?

(8 Posts)
StarlightWithAsteroid Sat 21-Jul-12 19:51:58

Has anyone done this?

I went on a short cruise a few years ago when dd was 3 months and some people were sunbathing topless. I did too and DH brought dd for a feed so I fed.

Strangely I felt like a bit of an exhibitionist and a bit uncomfortable doing it. Anyone else?

TheMysteryCat Sat 21-Jul-12 20:01:27

if i saw a woman doing that i'd get all broody all over again!

i used to bf in the nud in the garden with DS when he was little, but not in public, as no nice cruises available! smile

wonderwooman Sat 21-Jul-12 20:06:11

I always sunbathe topless when we go to France on holiday so yes, I have b'fed the DCs when they were little. Didn't feel at all self-conscious as there are always plenty of boobs out.

feekerry Sat 21-Jul-12 21:00:42

ooh glad you brought this up as i was wondering! i go to spain on monday with 15 week old dd who i ebf on demand. i also always sunbathe topless on holiday!!!

my boobs really need some sun. hoping the sun will fade out the stretch marks on my boobs. however, when i feed i still leak on the other side so was wondering what to do about this. was thinking of just going with it and letting it leak but thinking this might be a bit gross!!! what do you think???

GEM33 Sat 21-Jul-12 21:01:30

didnt you drip everywhere?!!!!! now that i have breast fed for 8 months and been reading the politics of breast feeding, im totally pro anyone who breast feeds in public anywhere anyhow. however, you wouldnt catch me sunbathing topless purely because i would be squirting passers by for sure! good on you though ;-)

emsyj Sat 21-Jul-12 21:03:38

If I did that I would spray everywhere like a garden sprinkler, so I'm with GEM.

Maybe lilypadz would be an option just for the time when feeding, feekerry? Saves you putting on a bra & pads.

StarlightWithAsteroid Sat 21-Jul-12 21:52:32

No, I rarely drip or leak. I'm a confident out and about bfer, but I have no idea why I felt this way.

I now have a 4 week old, and it's summer perhaps at last and we'll be on the beach a bit so thinking about it again.

Paula58 Thu 12-Oct-17 13:03:00

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now