Talk

Advanced search

sorry,another question, when might this end? 6 week old BFer

(6 Posts)
nannyl Tue 25-Oct-11 22:58:24

ok

my breast fed baby seems to feed all the time, often hourly, (occasionaly up to 2 hourly, yes from start to start wink) during the day.

In the evening she feeds constantly... yesturday for 3 hours from 6pm - 9pm, then i had 30mins (a shower) off before feeding 9.30 - 10.30pm.

tonight she fed for 2 hours (6pm - 8pm) and then i topped her up with 3oz of previously expressed milk as i was so bored of feeding.

I really want to keep breastfeeding but am just thinking of giving this as formular, but deep down i know i dont want to do this at all, i am determined to exclusively BF her....

about what age might this feeding all the time stop?

she is great at night though smile has an 11pm feed then goes through until 4 / 5 ish, then until 8ish..... and then feeds all the time...

organiccarrotcake Tue 25-Oct-11 23:17:42

It WILL pass, but it's not possible to know exactly when. It could be a few weeks, or a bit longer. Aaahh what I would have given for a night like that - we're finally getting it at 15 months smile

So of course she's getting her calories during the day rather than spreading them over 24 hours.

I WILL get better though. In the meantime if you can find ways of getting through it, such as feeding in a sling?

Hang on in there smile It's all worth it smile

MigGril Wed 26-Oct-11 07:27:43

I think your reaping the benifits already, She's going 5-6hours overnight therefore getting in all her callories in the day.

I had two very different feeders' one who was like this seemed to feed all the time (it did carme down around 8week's but some take a bit longer), but then did 5hours at night. Seconed one who was a 3hour feeder (with some cluster feeding occasonaly) from almost day one. But he was still feeding every 3hours for months yes that's EVERY 3hours no long gap at night. (Good job we co-sleep)

Go with the flow they are so little for such a short time it'll pass before you know it. Then you'll be reapping the rewards of all those milky smiles smile

HerdOfTinyElephants Wed 26-Oct-11 07:58:51

Somewhere around 8-10 weeks IME, but obviously they are all different. Great to hear that you are getting some sleep overnight, though.

Belmo Wed 26-Oct-11 10:04:47

My 6 week old does the opposite! She'll go 3-4 hours during the day then hourly during the night - I'm so jealous!

Belmo Wed 26-Oct-11 10:05:29

My 6 week old does the opposite! She'll go 3-4 hours during the day then hourly during the night - I'm so jealous!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now