Talk

Advanced search

Lovely BF moment that made it all worth it...

(22 Posts)
Badgerwife Tue 25-Oct-11 19:53:53

DD is 13 weeks and yesterday started to properly stare at me whilst feeding and giving me great big smiles at the same time. She is now so impossibly cute that I find myself staring back at her for what seems like hours. It's a wonder I get anything done!

It reminded me how utterly awful the first 4 weeks of BF were, how close I came to giving up on several occasions, and kept going one feed at a time through the pain and the tears with promises from MNetters that it would get better.

And now here I am, having truly precious moments with DD as she starts to interact, and you know what, it was TOTALLY WORTH IT. So hang in there people!!

perceptionreality Tue 25-Oct-11 19:57:47

smile smile

madam1mim Tue 25-Oct-11 19:58:04

smile there really is nothing better. well done!

ShowOfHands Tue 25-Oct-11 19:58:30

Brill isn't it? And it keeps getting better. Fed dd till 3.4 after a really tough start and hearing her talk about loving mummy milk was lovely.

Currently bfing 7wo ds and he grins as I unclip my bra and giggles up at me as he latches on.

Really makes it worthwhile.

Eglu Tue 25-Oct-11 20:00:37

DD is 16 weeks and has started coming off the breast and giving me a milky grin, then latching back on again.

It is wonderful.

KlickKlackknobsac Tue 25-Oct-11 20:01:00

grin thanks wine

AshaBoo Tue 25-Oct-11 20:02:08

Lovely smile Long may it continue.

I fed DD2 until 15 months - she would smile sweetly, wrinkle her little nose, then clamp down on my tender flesh with her 4 little razor teeth grin precious memories!

coastgirl Tue 25-Oct-11 20:12:56

DS is 10 weeks and looks really excited when I unclip my bra and sometimes pats my boob in a proprietorial manner too!

EauRouge Tue 25-Oct-11 20:30:59

That's fantastic, I do love a happy ending grin Here's to many more happy weeks and months wine

Moulesfrites Tue 25-Oct-11 20:38:37

Yay! Lovely post!

LargeGlassofRed Tue 25-Oct-11 20:41:52

Ah that's so lovely, I remember taking a photo of my twins grinning and smiling up at me sooo cute.
And the first time they held hand while feeding, precious memories smile

startwig1982 Tue 25-Oct-11 21:26:02

My DS, 4mo, stares at my boobs a lot, which makes me giggle! Loving the milky smiles I get.grin

badoomtish Tue 25-Oct-11 21:30:17

This is cheering. Currently sitting in the dark having my boob chewed off by 13 month old DD and most fed up. But you know, it's the only thing which soothes her, and her brother was the same,and it's crap but less crap than having her crying and miserable. You are right, those grins are precious. Well done smile

Caz10 Tue 25-Oct-11 21:31:22

Oh largeglass that is about the sweetest thing I have heard!

Dd1 still pats my boobs for comfort even though she hasn't fed for ages now.

PetisaPumpkinHead Tue 25-Oct-11 21:34:24

Aw. It's great isn't it. If you're lucky you too could have a 14 month old bfer who pokes your belly button, sticks her fingers in your mouth and pulls your other nipple, all of the above really hard while she bfs to sleep. And it's still fab smile

posterofaghoul Wed 26-Oct-11 00:37:56

smile

eightyone Wed 26-Oct-11 05:49:18

smile So cute, sometimes I am watching TV or on internet and then realise DS (16 weeks) has stopped feeding and I look don at him and he has the biggest milky smile just waiting for me to look at him!!

Jacksmania Wed 26-Oct-11 06:20:55

Ohhhh... I miss BFing. Weaned DS in March (he was 3.1 then).
It was just the best thing ever. I loved the boobie chuckle the best. That little "heh heh heh" with a huge grin as I was pulling up my shirt for him, and the two-handed reach and possessive stroking of my breast and how huge his little eyes got. And the almost drugged look on his face and eyes rolling up as he fed to sleep... oh dear, I miss all that.

He's 3.8 now and crawls in bed with us pretty much every night, and occasionally I wake up with him wrapped around me and his hand down the top of my nightie holding on to my nipple grin. DH thinks that's a bit hmm, I think it's hilarious unless I have PMT and my breasts hurt grin.

minicorrect Wed 26-Oct-11 07:01:10

Aw! I too love those moments. DD2 is 12 weeks now and just had a growth spurt. After a day's nursing strike, having her look up at me with smiley eyes when she finally got back to it made me tear up. I always claim to hate BFing but these moments are so so precious. Glad things have worked out for you. Long may it continue.

Badgerwife Wed 26-Oct-11 09:31:53

My 3 year-old nephew visited a couple of weeks ago and was watching me feeding DD. He came over and patted my boob with little begging eyes...

MrsP81 Wed 26-Oct-11 10:00:57

Awww, that is so lovely to read. I have a 1wo and at the moment feeding can be a bit of a battle as it's such early days, so reading how it can be so worthwhile will help me to keep going. smile

buttonspoon Wed 26-Oct-11 10:36:20

That is lovely! Congratulations on your DD and for sticking with it - it can be tough. I had a difficult start too but am still feeding DD 11 months later - she will be 1 in a couple of weeks! She loves BF and it's our special time together, I don't want to stop any time soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now