Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Supplements/Domperidone to increase milk supply - how long til you saw an increase...??

(5 Posts)
misspollysdolly Mon 24-Oct-11 17:33:13

Well, that's it really...! I have been taking both Domperidone (Motilium) and Motherlove More Milk Plus capsules since Friday/Saturday (respectively). Can't say I've noticed much of a difference (possibly some fleeting tingling in my boobs) and I just wondered how quickly anyone else had found them to be effective - together or separately...??! I am also drinking fennel and rooibos teas.

TIA MPD

bubblebubblebubblepop Mon 24-Oct-11 17:54:30

Sorry can't help but just wanted to say DD is on domperidone to treat silent reflux. Didn't realise it had other uses too!

tiktok Mon 24-Oct-11 18:01:02

MPD - are you sure you need this medication and the supplements? The supplements and the teas will not be harmful in any way - if you like 'em, have 'em smile The medication is prob not harmful but why take it? There is nothing you have written in your previous posts that indicate a problem with your milk production - there's a lot of anxiety and worry kicking around your bf, and maybe now is the time just to chill and get on with feeding in the way you know will meet your baby's needs...I can't see any evidence you need all this stuff sad sad

misspollysdolly Mon 24-Oct-11 18:53:14

I know, I know...I'm sure you are right to make this point tiktok. blush

After the 'no loss, no gain' weigh in at the back end of last week, I just thought 'stuff it, let's attack this from all angles', especially as they were back on at me to start expressing and topping her up again, and focussing a lot on how my breasts never seem to feel hard/full. By continuing to question whether my milk supply is adequate, as you know, my instincts and sense of trust in my own body have been somewhat undermined. sad

I also realised that I had motilium in the house already having taking it for the purpose it was originally intended. Today I've been wondering whether 'all angles' is now not necessary...and think I might just stick with the herbal supplements and teas (which I actually like in both casessmile). I'd still be interested to hear how well they've worked for others.

Pinkseren Tue 25-Oct-11 00:25:47

I took motilium alone and noticed a difference in 2-3 days. If you are using the dose on the packet, this is not the dose you would use for increasing supply, so this is possibly why its not working. You need to take the correct dose. After 2-3 days by boobs were noticeably heavier and if I didn't feed, became engorged.

I would recommend you try and get prescribed through a GP as due to the doses involved, doing this over the counter is expensive (about £5 a day cost) and is headwork trying to muddle through it on your own.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now