Talk

Advanced search

new Aptimil slogan...

(15 Posts)
jaggythistle Wed 19-Oct-11 20:39:51

just saw an advert which made me a bit hmm.

it was the usual intro about 'breast milk is great, but if you choose to move on'. apparently it now benefits from '30 years of breast milk research'. no explanation of how it benefits though. grin

just seems a bit of a meaningless claim.

apologies if this ad has been on for months and I've just not watched enough tv. blush

FrauHolle Wed 19-Oct-11 20:49:15

30 years of research and the stuff still tastes like that...

If I were them I'd close down the R&D department grin

Secondtimelucky Wed 19-Oct-11 20:56:37

I like the fact that it's 30 years of research. You can research for 50 years and still find out bugger all grin. (Disclaimer, I am not anti formula, but I am anti pseudo scientific claims).

jaggythistle Wed 19-Oct-11 21:10:46

yes, it essentially means nothing but is trying very hard to sound impressive.

I'm not anti formula either, just get irrationally annoyed by companies spotting meaningless crap too.

FrauHolle Wed 19-Oct-11 21:54:44

Now I feel the need to say I am not anti-formula but find nonsensical and 'empty' advertisement weird.

Secondtimelucky Wed 19-Oct-11 22:04:26

Oh, I didn't mean to sound holier than thou. I just never want to risk offending on such a sensitive topic.

I've never tasted formula, but dear god you'd think they could do something about the smell.

moonstorm Wed 19-Oct-11 22:23:53

I'll take 1000s of years research (evolution) over 30 years any day.

PessimisticMissPiggy Sun 23-Oct-11 00:21:51

moonstorm here's a ^5 (high five) for you!

verylittlecarrot Sun 23-Oct-11 11:19:47

Whenever that advert comes on I'm unbearably distracted by the weirdly unnatural position the 'breastfeeding' baby is being held.

30 years of research and yet they still haven't worked out that babies don't actually feed from armpits...

hmm

Annpan88 Sun 23-Oct-11 20:19:53

My DH was saying he didn't like that when the womens breast feeding its all gloomy and wintery and when she's feeding the aptamil its all sunny and light. I never thought about it till he pointed that out.

moonstorm Sun 23-Oct-11 22:23:07

^5 back grin

It's such a bad ad. I struggle to express in words exactly what's wrong with it - so much, yet it's very subtly wrong...

organiccarrotcake Sun 23-Oct-11 22:29:04

"30 years of research and yet they still haven't worked out that babies don't actually feed from armpits..." grin says it all, really.

Annpan88 The ASA has had complaints about that, but they've rejected them saying that it's showing the transition of time over 6 months of exclusive breastfeeding. Not the darkness into the light. So that's ok then. Guess who finances the ASA?

KD0706 Sun 23-Oct-11 22:42:11

I think all these formula ads are as bad as each other. There was a thread a while ago with somebody asking which was the most ethical formula brand, because the op wanted to use formula but didn't want to give money to the bad unethical companies who undermine BFing. It was pretty much universally pointed out that they all undermine BFing for very obvious reasons.

HumptyDumpty1 Sun 23-Oct-11 22:54:29

LOL organic that made me actually laugh!

How ironic the only advert on TV that shows someone (attempting) to bf is a formula advert...

HumptyDumpty1 Sun 23-Oct-11 22:55:19

Change that, LOL verylittlecarrot !!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now