Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sore nipples

(6 Posts)
flowerfairy Wed 19-Oct-11 12:19:44

Just a quick question. My nipples have gone a bit sore and sensitive particularly now the weather has changed and my nipples seem to be feeling the cold. DD is now 8mths so i'm by no means a newbie now. Is this normal or could it be thrush. No other symptoms that i know of. Put a bit of lansinoh on this morning and made sure i put plenty of layers on this morning on school run.

flowerfairy Wed 19-Oct-11 16:05:13

Bump

Mampig Wed 19-Oct-11 17:21:10

Bumping again for u! I'm in similar situation too- ds is 4 months and 1 side is tender again. I thought I was just getting lazy with latch--which I am-- blush. But he was never great latch anyway.

nightshade Wed 19-Oct-11 20:18:34

just posted on other thread that fleecy pads may help as they keep heat in. i also found at around eight months, due to teething nipples became more sensitive.

i generally found that soon after nipples became sensitve, a tooth appeared.

peedieworky Wed 19-Oct-11 21:39:25

I was about to make exact same post! DS 5 months and getting a painful sensation like the milk is being pulled through my nipples (not sure that really describes it..). Does seem to have accompanied the cold weather (nips like bullets!) but not sure if that could be the cause?

icravecheese Thu 20-Oct-11 09:39:28

Am experiencing the same, altho dd only 2 wks so is probs also partly soreness left over from establishing bf. I only get it on left side & its really quite painful when its cold. My solution has been to pile on lansinoh& hold a hot water bottle against my left breast. Seems to relieve the horrible sensation quite effectively.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now