Talk

Advanced search

A question about vomit....

(10 Posts)
jimper Mon 17-Oct-11 14:07:27

My DD (4 months) has suddenly started being sick all the time. She is not in pain, seems content and it is usually about an egg-cup full at a time. It can be straight after a feed, or hours after but between 2 feeds it is between 6-10 times. It really stinks! I go through about 5 bibs per day!

I am just wondering if this is a problem though. I haven't weighed her since she started doing this, so not sure what impact it is having. This has only started in the past few weeks really. She is FF.

jimper Mon 17-Oct-11 19:53:23

bump smile

buttonmoon78 Mon 17-Oct-11 20:41:59

When you say it stinks - as in how? Very acidy - like grown up sick?

If I were you I'd take her to your baby clinic and get her weighed. Have a chat to your hv to see if they think it could be reflux. If it is, it may not need treating - if she's a happy spitter and not losing weight.

Unless it's really getting to you, when I'd see if the GP can offer any advice.

Also, have you tried her on a different milk at all?

MrsJangles Mon 17-Oct-11 20:44:17

Hi
My DD is 3.5 month, FF and I'm having the same problem so I'll be watching this thread with interest. What formula are you using out of curiosity? My HV suggested I try stay down milk, but I'm not keen on this idea - she didn't offer me any other suggestions either!

jimper Tue 18-Oct-11 08:33:55

I am not in the UK so I don't have an HV. I am using the local brand of Cow&Gate (same parent company).

It does smell like adult sick sometimes......

KSal Tue 18-Oct-11 09:04:23

both my DC had mild reflux and it sounds similar to what you describe, DD on formula (Aptamil), DS fully BF...

If its not a prob and she is gaining well, I wouldn't worry. If she is in pain or not gaining, I would see the doc. you may find once she is weaned it will improve, or when she is sitting. Lots of babies improve at this point.

Neither of mine did and they both went on infant gaviscon at 7 months or so, because milk sick is bearable, post-weaning sick is just revolting. They were both off it by a year.

No probs with the gaviscon for us - it can cause constipation for some though.

buttonmoon78 Tue 18-Oct-11 09:58:54

KSal has beaten me to it and said it all...

KSal Tue 18-Oct-11 11:05:04

I am rarely so succint!

my DS is just over a year now and no longer sicky.... I have still not plucked up the courage to chuck away all the plastic backed bibs.... and there are a lot of bibs in our house :D

buttonmoon78 Tue 18-Oct-11 11:33:35

I could wax lyrical about reflux for hours having had 3 with it. It's probably a very good job that you got in first blush

Am currently in the full throes of it with ds2 so everything I say about it is tinged with desperation and weariness.

jimper Tue 18-Oct-11 19:41:13

Thanks! I will weigh her and see what the story is.........

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now