Talk

Advanced search

Changing Formula

(4 Posts)
Natzer Sun 16-Oct-11 19:47:48

I have decided to change DD (6 months) formula, after months of constipation we are both getting a little fed up.

She is currently on SMA gold and not looking to move to follow on milk as I understand they can also cause constipation.

Can anyone recommend another brand, I'm considering Hipp Organic.

Is there anything I need to bear in mind with regards to changing, do I just change over straight away?

BikeRunSki Sun 16-Oct-11 19:50:02

We used Hipp with no problems. I'd just change and see how she reacts.

JiltedJohnsGhoulie Sun 16-Oct-11 20:02:21

Sounds like a change in formula might be good, but there is no need to move your baby onto follow on milk at all. You can just stay with formula for the first 12 months if you want.

buttonmoon78 Mon 17-Oct-11 10:26:46

DS was on C&G which was fine until we had to put him on gaviscon then he had major constipation.

IME Aptamil was the best for him. But my others have all thrived on different formulas so that's not to say that Aptamil will be the best for your dd. SMA was never good for any of them though.

I agree with the not needing to move to follow on though. I do know someone who did though - purely as follow on is often on offer and you can collect reward points on it as it's not subject to the same laws! hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now