Talk

Advanced search

8 months in and suddenly painful

(4 Posts)
Muser Sat 15-Oct-11 16:30:11

Can anyone offer some advice on this? Feeding from my left breast has suddenly become very painful. It was a bit sore at the beginning of this week. On Wednesday I realised I had a big lump which I assume was a blocked duct. Lots of hot compresses, feeding and expressing and I cleared it the same day. But after this I noticed a white dot on my nipple. Like a little blister.

Feeding got really painful yesterday and still is today. I am wincing and feeling like I did in the early days again when we had problems. The little blister appears to have come off after the last feed today so I don't know if that will help. But it hurts so much I am starting to dread feeds again.

I'm going on holiday tomorrow so can't go to any groups so thought I'd ask here. What is going on? Why does it hurt so much? My daughter does have teeth but I don't think it's them. The pain is mainly in my nipple and her teeth really shouldn't be anywhere near them. I am annoyed that after so long I've suddenly hit problems!

RufflesKerfluffles Sat 15-Oct-11 17:04:18

The first paragraph here suggests two or three things it might. If that doesn't help, maybe try one of the phonelines to try and get it resolved ahead of your holiday?

SpannerPants Sat 15-Oct-11 17:54:59

sounds like a milk blister, I had one and it was excruciating, I cried everytime I fed from that side for 48hrs! The kellymom page that ruffles has linked to explains what to do, but I would recommend taking regular painkillers (I took paracetamol and ibuprofen) and some deep breaths while latching on- I found that the pain got better after the first couple of minutes. Also it might be worth trying some different positions as if her mouth is in a different position it might not rub the sore area as much. Hope you feel better soon!

Muser Sat 15-Oct-11 19:16:21

It does sound like a milk blister from the link, thanks very much. I will use some of the tips and hope it heals up soon. It hurts a bit even when I'm not feeding so I hope it gets better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now