Talk

Advanced search

Cup recommendations?

(4 Posts)
PositivePrana Fri 14-Oct-11 22:32:36

I am trying to get my 61/2 month old DD to drink a little water each day but can't seem to find a cup she can get used to. I've tried Doidy, a Tommee Tippee & an Avent sippy cup. She just takes a little and then chokes. I've tried to persevere with each but she just doesn't seem to be getting it.
Anyone have any miracle suggestions?

flickor Fri 14-Oct-11 22:40:24

give it time - will recommend tommy tippee - always go for free flow ones. Its the one with the little spout which pops down - costs about £2.00. All the mums use it. Cup drinking takes about four months to really get going.

Seona1973 Sat 15-Oct-11 07:54:01

I agree and also recommend the tommee tippee first cup

Limelight Sat 15-Oct-11 09:21:57

I think Nuk cups are the best (having used many different brands). They're not cheap but they've get a silicon spout which is really soft and seems easier for them to work. It's not unlike a bottle teat but spout shape if you see what I mean. Both my kids learnt to use them really really quickly.

You used to be able to get them from mothercare but i noticed that they're not selling them anymore. Just searched and a few places sell them online. I suspect it's worth shopping around :

http://www.olivers-baby-care.co.uk/nuk-learner-bottle.html?utm_source=Google-Base&utm_medium=Web&utm_campaign=Gbase

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now