Talk

Advanced search

Bottle teats...?

(3 Posts)
BeyondLimitsOfTheLivingDead Fri 14-Oct-11 21:19:09

DS was EBF but did used to have expressed feeds as well as direct from source, so we have bottles and size 1 teats already. He's now 1 and will now sometimes drink from a cup, but even when he does I have to be watching him like a hawk as he realises he can pour his drink over the floor... hmm

I'm pregnant atm, and will reuse the bottles for DC2. But thinking about it, surely I'd need to get new teats anyway? (not sure why, just have a feeling that I should?) So if DS drinks out of a bottle, is there any reason why I couldnt put more holes in the newborn teats, rather than buying new fast flow ones for DS and then newborn ones for DC2 anyway?

Sorry if this is a really stupid question!! grin

downpipe Fri 14-Oct-11 21:50:35

My 2 year old still likes bottle milk at bedtime although is perfectly capable of drinking from a cup.He has size 3 teats, he can use size 1 but it just takes longer.My 7 month old now has 1 bottle a day also with a size 3,but used a size 1 on the occasional bottle he had during the first few weeks.I haven't bought new bottles for my second one,just sterilised them if I needed them when he was under 6 months.So if you have size 1 teats already they will be fine for your DC2 and you might just get some size 3 s for the older one but you could get away with giving him size 1 too.

BeyondLimitsOfTheLivingDead Sat 15-Oct-11 14:31:21

Thanks, I'll try him with the size 1 then and see how he gets on, then get bigger if I need to smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now