Talk

Advanced search

Finally able to bf laying down/co-sleep!

(3 Posts)
eightyone Fri 14-Oct-11 15:14:29

After not being able to bf laying down for over 10 weeks or so (ever since DS was a tiny newborn) we have turned a corner somehow and he now is an expert again. It has made night feedings and naps so much more relaxing being able to feed him laying down with him / co-sleeping.

Thought I would share in case others have been unable to do so. Especially since so many suggest it as a way of making bf easier it was really disheartening to not be able to feed him like this.

He would fuss and push/pull away from the breast and get very distressed. I couldn't even co-sleep with him as he would get very distressed by constantly trying to feed (unsuccessfully) trying to feed!

I continued to try every now and then .......and then last week (13 weeks old) he all of a sudden relaxed, lay on his side and fed!! Have been doing it ever since and it is great grin

rockboobs Fri 14-Oct-11 15:21:33

aaaw! well done both of you - you may now legitimately lay abed all day long!
grin

eightyone Fri 14-Oct-11 15:27:00

Thanks!! Feel a little silly to be so excited about it it has been great, especially being able to lay in bed till 8am, instead of him grumbling and making us get up at 6!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now