Talk

Advanced search

Should I wake a 12 week old to feed?

(9 Posts)
MilyP Wed 12-Oct-11 23:49:23

DD sleeps really well. I am feeding around around 7-8 then putting to bed. I then wake her around midnight to feed. She will then sleep through till morning but not sure if I should wake her to feed or not? Or is feeding at 7/7.30 ok? Not sure if that is too long to leave her. Seems a bit mad that I am waking myself and her up to feed when others are desperately trying to get their babies to sleep!

Will this mess with my supply? Didn't wake her yesterday and woke up with meganorks today.

whattheactualjeff Wed 12-Oct-11 23:57:07

christ have no idea re: actual waking of The Babee. Such a thought has never occurred to me have to say. Hope you are hugging yourself with happiness for having a sleeper. Not bitter at all. grin

2to3 Thu 13-Oct-11 00:20:33

Don't wake her! Enjoy your sleep and feeding her when she's hungry. She'll let you know. And it probably won't last... ;)

MilyP Thu 13-Oct-11 00:43:11

Yeah keep seeing posts mentioning '4 month sleep regression'. so thinking miight only have a month more of this. Or less of course. DP says I can't store up sleep. But I can try!

An0therName Thu 13-Oct-11 09:14:08

if she is putting on weight well and seems happy don't wake her -enjoy it!

Stinax Thu 13-Oct-11 09:52:18

My DD is the same - or she was until she turned 4 months wink so enjoy it while it lasts. I always just made sure she fed loads during the day.

I utilise the morning meganork situation by expressing before I feed her. I can get 5oz off some mornings so the freezer supply is building up nicely ready for the festive season.

Deliaskis Thu 13-Oct-11 09:57:56

At 12 weeks as long as weight gain etc. is OK, no way would I wake to feed. For some babies, it's already sort of past the stage of very tiny tummy only taking an ounce or two at a time.

My DD never woke after her late (as in our bedtime) feed after about 8-9 weeks, and we dropped the late feed (which we woke her for, to avoid a proper night feed) at about 4-5 months ish. If she's sleeping well and is in all other respects doing fine, don't wake, and enjoy it while it lasts!

D

Stinax Thu 13-Oct-11 10:02:29

Sorry, just read my post and it sounded like I was boasting about my expressing prowess - just to clarify, I wasn't at all and I should also really have wrote in the past tense as it only lasted 4 weeks and I'm feeding her twice a night now grin with nowt to spare in the morning!

Pinkseren Thu 13-Oct-11 14:32:52

It didn't sound like boasting...I actually found it quite funny!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now