Talk

Advanced search

Colief and BF

(3 Posts)
chinateacup Wed 12-Oct-11 16:24:11

I'm sure there was a thread about this recently but search is only finding items from 2006 so apologies for any repetition.
Wise Ladies, if you have used Colief whilst BF did you express the recommended several tablespoons to mix it with? Or less? Or just put on nipple?

Also, I understand the principle of how it works in FF but how does it break down the lactose when BF (if you are not expressing the whole
feed)?

tiktok Wed 12-Oct-11 16:43:38

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/breast_and_bottle_feeding/1318082-colief-advice-breast-fed-baby is the thread smile

I have never understood how Colief is supposed to work with breastfeeding - for the same reason you state. I guess it gets the colief into the baby's tum, I suppose.

I would imagine you do need to mix it so putting it neat on the nipple might not be a great idea. Can you call their helpline? I think there is a no. on the pack.

You might also want to consider if there is some other reason for whatever-it-is your baby is experiencing....the thread linked to has some ideas.

chinateacup Wed 12-Oct-11 17:04:37

Thankyou. I didn't put colief in the title for the search blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now