Talk

Advanced search

My breasts never feel full

(16 Posts)
iskra Wed 12-Oct-11 13:24:12

posting from phone while bfing so excuse typos!

Dd2 is 3 weeks old, hasn't been weighed since day 10 when she had passed birthweight by a good way. Lots of nappies, feeds every few hours during the day and every 1.5hrs at night. So I don't think that I have low supply except that my breasts never feel full - I can remember them being absolute rocks wth dd1 when she was due a feed, but this time they are really always soft & squishy! Might this indicate that something is up?

Have tried to include all the info that I ponder on at 3 am...

organiccarrotcake Wed 12-Oct-11 13:27:46

iskra this is absolutely, perfectly normal and is absolutely no indication of supply smile

In fact, it's a bonus as it means that she's taking what you're making, and you're not making an oversupply. This means you're less likely to suffer from blocked ducts and mastitis. Bonus!

FeelMyWraith Wed 12-Oct-11 13:34:46

Same here. DS is 5wo and I'm never engorged. He's gained over 4lbs so nowt's up. With dd was leaking all over the shop.

Have already had 2 blocked ducts though.

iskra Wed 12-Oct-11 13:36:22

Thanks OCC. That's actually exactly what dp said but it wasn't reassuring coming from him somehow! Just sleep deprived anxiety.

iskra Wed 12-Oct-11 13:42:32

X post feelMyWraith - it's the comparison between first and second that's thrown me, good to hear you have the same.

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 12-Oct-11 13:48:01

Hardly ever felt full or had let down with both of mine and only leaked with DC1. He was a right chubby milk monster so don't worry.

If she's gaining weight, has plenty of wet and dirty nappies and seems alert at times there is no worries. You know you and DD are fine, but if you want a bit of reassurance have a read of this smile.

worldgonecrazy Wed 12-Oct-11 13:50:08

As has been said, this is absolutely normal. A lot of mums have a panic over supply once their boobs settle down and don't feel like beach balls anymore. It's just your body showing that it knows what it's doing.

FeelMyWraith Wed 12-Oct-11 13:51:35

They never felt like beach balls this time round. Not even when my milk came in. Been soft throughout.

cluelessnchaos Wed 12-Oct-11 13:53:57

I have had less full boobs with each subsequent child, so rocks with dd1 always leaked when due a feed, rocks for dd2 and could tell by feeling which one was fuller, ds1 enorged for 2 days and then never felt really full, ds2 I wouldn't have known there was milk in there apart from obvious weight gain, no idea why or if it happens to everyone. Another symptom that makes us doubt ourselves but actually just our bodies being very clever.

organiccarrotcake Wed 12-Oct-11 15:13:29

FeelMyWraith that's a nuisance sad Just means less likely, not doesn't happen! Ho hum smile

vineyard Wed 12-Oct-11 15:30:40

my 3month year old has started pulling his hair I read that this might indicate that he is irritable or stressed. He is a generally happy baby and tends to do this at night and in the day. should i be worried I'm a chilled out individual

FeelMyWraith Wed 12-Oct-11 16:27:41

I've never met a baby that doesn't pull their hair/scratch their face/brain themselves with a rattle. It's a motor skill/exploration thing. Nowt to do with stress.

BartletForAmerica Wed 12-Oct-11 17:32:13

Never leaked, never felt full, but DS was EBF for 6 months and still is BF at 15 months.

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 12-Oct-11 19:53:53

Vineyard really don't think you should be worried. For lots of babies pulling their hair or rubbing it is simply a sign of tiredness.

vineyard Thu 13-Oct-11 12:10:06

thank you for your reply's being first time mum the wind blows and I hypo venti late. smile smile

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 13-Oct-11 12:21:05

Don't worry about it vineyard I was so PFB over DS is was laughable grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now