Talk

Advanced search

How long does the feed every 1-2 hours phase last?

(5 Posts)
Asturimama Wed 12-Oct-11 12:28:19

My DS is 2 weeks old and even though he was very helpful the first week or so, feeding more or less every 3 hours to let me recover from labour wink, he has now started feeding between every one and two hours.

I was just wondering, in your experience, how long does this phase generally last until they start to space out their feeding a bit more (Hope this is a phase emoticon)

BertieBotts Wed 12-Oct-11 12:30:48

2-3 months, maybe? It's hard to say as they are all different. Some babies it's 6 weeks, others more like 6 months. But normally by 12 weeks-ish I think.

Mampig Wed 12-Oct-11 13:10:59

My 14 wo (15 weeks tomorrow) still feeds every 2 hours! He has a good stretch around now (3 hours) where he takes a big sleep, but it'll be 2 hourly again later. Bed at 8pm and will go 4 hours if I'm lucky!! and then hourly during the night.... no help or light for you from this end I'm afraid, but I have heard of other babies that stretch out from about 3 months. They are all so different!!

Asturimama Thu 13-Oct-11 12:36:31

Thank you both, I was hoping to hear that it would be over in 3 or 4 week, but I knew it was unlikely...
Guess it is a lot better than having a baby that won't feed. At least I can be sure the LO is truly well fed! smile

MigGril Thu 13-Oct-11 13:12:06

The good thing is they often become more efficent sooner then that so maybe taking less time to feed.

Sounds like your doing great though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now