Talk

Advanced search

WHY have my periods returned already?

(9 Posts)
FeelMyWraith Mon 10-Oct-11 16:02:53

Two weeks ago I had hiccups all day. This ONLY happens when I'm ovulating. Sure enough I'm having a period.

I had an emcs 5 weeks ago and am bfing round the clock. I'm still recovering from the cs.

With dd it took 12 weeks, also bfing round the clock. Thought that was bad enough.

WHY? It's not blooming fair.

fuckityfuckfuckfuck Mon 10-Oct-11 16:04:17

It's just one of those horrible things. With both of mine i have exclusively breastfed round the clock. With dd they returned after 6 damn weeks.I felt cheated. With ds they came back at about 11 months, so there seems no actual pattern.

FeelMyWraith Mon 10-Oct-11 16:18:24

I'm fed up. 3 weeks ago my cs wound had reopened. I've bled enough. He bfeeds all the bloody time. I want my period free reward dammit.

ParkerRocks Mon 10-Oct-11 17:37:19

I can sympathise, mine returned 5 weeks after the birth too. I'd literally just stopped bleeding and bam, it came out of nowhere. I am BFing around the clock but regular as clockwork it rears it's ugly head every 5 weeks along with the most humongous spot on my chin! When it comes I am totally wiped out and feeding is very sore. It's crap!

FeelMyWraith Mon 10-Oct-11 18:31:43

I had a terrible headache yesterday and a blocked duct earlier in the week. This happened every month with dd when I was due. I fed her until she was 3.4. And the slight supply dip, increased feeds and sore breasts combined means I could cry.

corblimeymadam Mon 10-Oct-11 18:35:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsvWoolf Mon 10-Oct-11 19:20:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mawbroon Tue 11-Oct-11 21:06:15

Aw, bad luck.

But I am fascinated that you only hiccup when you are ovulating!! grin

Ferino Wed 12-Oct-11 08:38:42

No way! I was emcs last week and the thought of an imminent period is pretty grim!
Anybody looked into taking the pill again? MW told me combined pill is out when BF but progesterone only pill is ok. No periods with it. I've not checked with GP as I thought the 6 wk appt would be time enough, but maybe not!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now