Talk

Advanced search

Frequency of breastfeeds at 9-10 weeks

(4 Posts)
SeratoninIsMyFriend Sun 09-Oct-11 22:36:10

Please reassure me that hourly feeding through much of the day isn't too unusual at this age?! I'm feeling a bit stuck on the sofa, luckily he's pretty quick but he's still feeding every 2/3 hrs most nights as well. I've no concern about let down or quantity, he's gaining weight perfectly and is a right chubster! Everyone else's babies seem to be feeding three hourly in the day now (only a couple of babies to be fair). Just want to check if this is worthy of any concern in case I need to address it. I would love to have more time between feeds soon.

LittleWaveyLines Mon 10-Oct-11 09:43:29

My DD had a week at about 9 weeks of constant feeding - I asked friends and some of them had experienced this as well. It eased off a bit at 11 weeks - back to 2 hourly, occasionally 3 hourly feeds.

HTH

MigGril Mon 10-Oct-11 10:35:55

Things will settel down before you know it. And yes it is prectly normal still to be feeding a lot at this age.

You could always pop along to your local BF cafe (if you have one) and get them to double check your latch to make sure he's feeding as efficently as possible.

Just repeat after me, 'this to shall pass' works for any sistuation. smile

SeratoninIsMyFriend Mon 10-Oct-11 12:30:52

Thanks! I just needed a bit of comfort in a moment of uncertainty, I will carry on as he wants... It will indeed pass all too quickly so don't want to moan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now